Conditions of hire
Neston Memorial Hall – Conditions of hire
All applications for the hire of the Hall or part thereof must abide by the following conditions
1. Fire Regulations dictate that a maximum of 170 persons may be on the premises closely seated or for a buffet/disco and 110 persons utilising tables and chairs for dining/dancing. On Sundays, music is permitted only until 2230.
2. A returnable deposit of £100 (in a cheque made payable to Neston Memorial Hall) must be paid at the time of hiring. This will be returned after the hiring assuming that there are no damages and that extra cleaning has not been required. Please ensure that the Hall is left clean and tidy and that all food is removed. All rubbish must be removed from the premises and not just left in the bin.
3. Alcohol/excisable liquor is not to be sold unless a ‘Temporary Event Notice (TEN)’ has been granted by Wiltshire County Council. Please note, the Hall is limited in the number of TENs that it can have approved as a venue in any one year. If you will be requiring a TEN for the event you are arranging, you must speak to the Booking Clerk prior to booking, or as soon as possible after booking. The Booking Clerk keeps a log of the TENs and will be able to advise you whether it is possible to apply for one for your event.
4. All conditions attached to the Hall’s stage Play Licence shall be observed. The Hirer shall indemnify the Management Committee against any infringement of copyright which may occur during the hiring.
5. The Hirer shall not sublet any part of the Hall.
6. The Hirer shall be responsible for any damage, wilful, neglectful or accidental that shall be caused by members of the hirer’s party and shall make good and pay for any damage so caused.
7. The Management Committee shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any equipment or persons in the party of the Hirer.
8. The Management Committee shall not be liable for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity/gas/water, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may interrupt or cause the hiring to be cancelled.
9. The Hirer shall not make any adjustments to the heating system other than following the printed guides to its usage.
10. The Hirer shall be responsible for the supervision of all members of the party and ensure their safe entry and exit from the building.
11. No bolts, nails, pins etc are to be driven into any part of the hired premises except noticeboards. Displays belonging to User Groups are not to be touched.
12. Parliamentary, County Council or Local Government elections shall have priority over all other bookings and the Management Committee shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the Hirer other than the return of any fee paid in respect of such a cancelled hiring.
13. At the conclusion of the hiring, and having thoroughly cleaned and removed all items/equipment belonging to the Hirer or members of the Hirer’s party, the key(s) shall be returned promptly to the Booking Clerk or designated Committee Member. It is permissible with Saturday late night hirings to return early on Sunday morning to finish clearing up, having first ascertained that there is no early Sunday booking. All other days, the Hall is required before 0900.
14. If you feel your requirements are unusual please discuss them, prior to signing, with the Booking Clerk. The Management Committee aims to be as helpful and accommodating as possible to potential Hirers.